Aquasan is a powerful broad spectrum biocidal detergent cleaner. It is suitable
for use in all areas of the catering, food and associated areas, on all surfaces,
(Polypropylene, Tiles, Stainless Steel, Plastic Bins etc)
Bactericidal/Biocidal action is provided by a quaternary compound.
This material has a broad spectrum action on numerous microbes, some of which are
Independent tests on aquasan have shown it to be very effective at reducing bacterial
numbers, being highly effective on stainless steel surfaces.
Results of independent tests are available on request.
METHOD OF USE:
1. Remove heavy soiling from surface.
2. Wash/Clean equipment with a solution of 60 mls. Aqua - San to 4.5ltrs.
of clean water (1.3% Diluted) at ambient temperatures. Allow a contact
time of at least 30 seconds.
3. Dry off using a disposable paper towel.
An aqueous solution of quaterany ammonium compounds, non-ionic
surfactants and dye.
Safety data sheet
Corresponding to EC Directive 91/155/EEC
Date of issue: 26. 04. 1996
1. 3 Telephone: 4582611/2
Emergency Telephone: 087 557 389
2. Composition / information on ingredients
Benzylkonium Chloride, I.P.A. , nonionic surfactant solution
2. 1. Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride 15% w/w
Isopropyl Alcohol 5% , Nonionic surfactant
2. 2. E.C. Label X Irritant
R 22 Harmful if swallowed.
R 36/38 Irritating to eyes and skin.
S 2 Keep out of reach of children
3. Hazards identification
Irritating to eyes and skin.. Causes defatting.
Health and Safety Data Sheet page 2 of 4
Aqua - San
4. First Aid Measures.
4. 1. Eyes. Immediately wash with clean water or eye bath solution, for 10
minutes. Swivel eyes. Seek medical attention.
4. 2. Skin. Remove contaminated clothing and wash contaminated skin with
large amounts of water.
4. 3. Inhalation: Seek medical attention. Remove to fresh air
4. 4. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Give water to drink. Seek medical advice.
5. Fire Fighting Measures.
5. 1. Extinguishing Media. CO2, dry powder, foam, water or mist
5. 2. Fire and explosion hazards.. This product is not an explosion hazard
Hazardous combustion gases. Carbon Oxides, Nitrogen Oxides,
5. 3. Proctective measures. Wear protective clothing and respiratory
6. 1. Avoid skin and eye contact
6. 2. Do not allow to enter drains, sewers or water systems
6. 3. Absorb in sand or sawdust or other inert material
7. Handling and storage.
7. 1. Avoid elevated temperatures. Protect from freezing.
7. 2. No smoking , eating or drinking while handling. Wear protective equipment.
7. 3. Store in stainless steel or plastic containers. Corrosive mildsteel.
Health and Safety Data Sheet. page 3 of 4
Aqua - San
8. Exposure controls/ Personal Protection.
8.1. Occupational exposure limits : None
8.2. Respiratory : None
8.3. Hands: Wear PVC/Neoprene gloves.
8.4. Eyes. Avoid contact .
9. Physical & Chemical Properties.
9.1. Form Liquid
9.2. Colour Blue or Pink
9.3. Odour Slight Alcohol
9.4. pH Approximately 6 - 8
9.5. Flash Point : Greater than 100 degrees Centigrade.
9.6. Solubility : Totally soluble in water. Soluble in alcohol
9.7. MIC (Minimum Inhibitory Concentrations) 50ppm (mg/L) Test organisms;
E. Coli , Staph. Aureus, Ps Aerunginosa, Candida albicans, Porteus vulgaris
9.8. Ignition temperature: None.
9.9. Density: 1.02
10. Stability and Reactivity.
10.1. No hazardous reactions known.
10.2. Avoid elevated temperatures.
10.3 Stable in ambient conditions.
11. Toxicological Information.
11.1. Ingestion. Oral rat LD50 : 2000 mg/kg
11.2. Skin: Causes irritation.
11.3. Eyes. Causes burns and severe irritation.
11.4. Inhalation: Although unlikely, could cause irritation of upper respiratory
tract. Symptoms may include, shortness of breath, coughing etc.
11.5. Long Term: No long term effects are reported.
Aqua - San page 4 of 4
12. Ecological Information.
12.1. This product is not listed as a marine pollutant
13. Disposal Considerations.
131 Do not dispose of by means of sinks, drains. Dilute residues with water at
100 times the residue.
14. Transport Information.
14.1 Packing group 11
14.2 No specific transport labelling required for this product.
15. Regulatory Information
15.1 E.C. Directive.
R 22 Harmful if swallowed
R36/38 Irritating to eyes and skin.
S 2 Keep out of reach of children
16. Other Information
This product is a broad spectrum bactericide and fungicide and may be
used as an antiseptic detergent. It has broad areas of application in the
food and catering industry. It may also be used in sterilising of
instruments and epuipment.
16.2 Product should be handled, stored and used in accordance with good
industrial hygiene practices.
16.3 This product is food safe provided that all rinsing procedures are completed.
16.4. References: DOB 26.04.1996.
||AQUA - SAN
1. Identification of the product and of the company
|1. 1 Product name:
1. 2 Company name: ULTRA CHEM SYSTEMS LTD.